Where products supplied by Smart Seating Pty Ltd have been manufactured by a third party then the original manufacturers warranty applies.
The warranty or guarantee is limited to repair in the first instance. Where repair is not possible, replacement is offered or, at our discretion, a credit to the buyer for the purchase price. All freight/handling charges will be on account of the buyer. Under no circumstances will loss of or damage to property, physical injury, or financial loss be entertained.
The warranty term depends on the product. The specific warranty term offered on each product is detailed on the products page on the Smart Seating website. Warranty claimants must be able to provide evidence of the date of purchase. The best evidence is a copy of the original purchase invoice.
Please note that the warranty applies to “normal use” only and does not cover damage caused by misuse, accidental damage, inappropriate cleaning or normal wear and tear.
- Installation or usage causing operational faults.
- Misuse, abuse, lack of maintenance, negligence or accidental damage.
- Modifications of any kind. Modifications automatically and immediately void the warranty.
- Materials and parts which are subject to wear and tear.
- Parts that must be periodically replaced for normal maintenance.
- Fabrics are covered by the fabric manufacturers warranties.
- All goods must be used in strict accordance with the operating instructions.
Smart Seating will not be liable for consequential or incidental damages. This means any loss, expense, or damage other than to the furniture itself that may result from a defect in the furniture.
Fabric manufacturers warranties apply.
Non Warranty Repairs
Any repairs outside the warranty period (and only where possible) will be carried out at a charge. This will require acceptance by you, in writing, prior to the item being repaired. The repair charge must be pre-paid prior to repair of goods and their return.
Requesting a warranty repair
To request a warranty (or non warranty) repair please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your repair.